- A quote from the book I am currently reading, Emma.
“There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.” -Jane Austen
- A cake Jeff and I made one weekend, that looks very festive for Valentine’s day. Jeff did the baking, I did the decorating.
- A past photo of my dogs cuddling, on a quilt made by Jeff’s Grandma. You can see where Sammy chewed the corner of the couch.
- Peonies from my old back yard.
- A poem below that I love.
A Child’s Song
I have a garden of my own,
Shining with flowers of every hue;
I loved it dearly while alone,
But I shall love it more with you:
And there the golden bees shall come,
In summer-time at break of morn,
And wake us with their busy hum
Around the Siha’s fragrant thorn.
I have a fawn from Aden’s land,
On leafy buds and berries nurst;
And you shall feed him from your hand,
Though he may start with fear at first.
And I will lead you where he lies
For shelter in the noontide heat;
And you may touch his sleeping eyes,
And feel his little silvery feet.
-Sir Thomas Moore